The Finger Lakes is known for its beautiful scenery, lush hillsides of rolling vineyards, and picturesque waterfalls. But… somehow, it seems some think we close for business in the winter. We’re here to tell you that is definitely not the case! There are lots of fun things to do this time of year! Don’t let a little chill and some snow scare you, get out and make the most of every moment this winter... here are 5 ideas to get you started!
- Sample some holiday-themed beverages! We suggest starting with the Peppermint Stout at Grist Iron Brewing. As our pals from GIB share, “Brewed with an abundance of peppermint tea and chocolate, we liken this beer to having a piece of peppermint bark infused with alcohol! Every brew crafted at GIB has a story and the descriptions are just snippets of what goes on in the mind of our brewer when he's thinking up a new beer. For the full story, make sure you stop in and grab a pint. You can even pull Patrick aside for a story or two. Cheers!” Visit them at 4880 State Route 414 in Burdett (just outside of Watkins Glen).
- Ring the New Year in with style! Voted the Best Waterfront Hotel in the Nation by a USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Poll this year, The Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel is the place to party in the Finger Lakes as we ring in 2017! This year’s party features a Pirates of the Caribbean theme, so buckle your swash and break out the rum! Their event package includes a cocktail reception, exquisite dinner stations, four additional hours of open bar, live music and dancing, a champagne toast at midnight, and even a New Year’s Day Breakfast Buffet! For more information, click here.
- Unwind with a Peppermint Body Scrub at Namaste Spa. This 60-minute treatment starts with dry exfoliating gloves and then a candy cane peppermint scrub. Once water is added to the scrub it turns into a nourishing oil. Oil is then wiped off with hot towels and then massage. Oh, did we mention there is a Gingerbread option too? Hurry, only through the end of December! Book your appointment today. Give them a call at 607-333-4778 or click here to visit their website.
- Winterfest at Rooster Fish Brewing. After the holiday craziness settles down, you'll be ready for a party. Right?! Mark your calendar for January 21 to attend this awesome event with live music, local food samples and vendors, heated tent and fire pits, plus plenty of entertainment, revelry, and fun! Tickets are just $10 each. This is the second annual event and sure to be a great time! For more details, click here.
- ICE Bar at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. From February 2nd through the 4th, The Patio will be transformed into an ice-filled wonderland. Over 25,000 pounds of ice will be carved into beautiful sculptures, martini luges, bars, and even a throne or two! Plus Finger Lakes wine, beer, and restaurant tastings, a great DJ and dancing, and fireworks on Friday and Saturday nights. Tickets are $30 each. Tickets for Friday and Saturday are sold out and going fast for Thursday. Get yours today before they’re gone! For complete details, click here.