Ask anyone who lives in the Finger Lakes and they can rattle off things to do in the area... boating, swimming, fishing, hiking, sailing, paddling, waterfall hopping, all make the short list. But what about winter activities?
From outdoors to indoors, we've compiled a Winter Bucket List. How many activities can you check off?
Winter Bucket List:
- Take a horseback trail ride through the snow with Painted Bar
- Go snowshoeing at Sugar Hill State Forest
- Go cross country skiing at Finger Lakes National Forest
- Sample wine and chocolate-themed food pairings during the Seneca Lake Wine Trail's Wine & Chocolate event
- Find a hidden treasure at one of the many local antique shops or retail merchants
- Sip fresh-roasted coffee at Seneca Sunrise Coffee
- Attend the ICE BAR at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
ICE Bar - the hottest party in the coolest town!
- Take a walk along the Catharine Valley Trail
- Learn a new skill - such as quilting at O'Susannah's Quilts & Gifts
- Visit the Brick Tavern Museum of the Schuyler County Historical Society - chockful of great artifacts and history!
- Attend Winterfest at Roosterfish Brewing
- Venture to the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum to discover the area's ties to historic aviation and more
- Check out the Rim Trail at Watkins Glen State, the park trail that is open during the winter time
Sledding fun - family style!
- Enjoy a quieter time for wine tasting with the Wine Weekday Passport from the Seneca Lake Wine Trail
- Take advantage of Hoppy Days at Heavily Brewing Company, when they offer 50 cents off pints on Thursdays and Fridays from 12pm to 6pm
- Check out live music at one of many local establishments including Barnstormer Winery, Colonial Pottery & Creamery, Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards, Heavily Brewing Company, Hector Wine Company, Murabella's Italian Steakhouse, and Roosterfish Brewing.
Customize your scent!
- Sample local wine and food at Wine on Ice at the First Arena
- Take in an Elmira Jackals hockey game
- Learn about wine and food pairings while savoring a delicious meal at the Twirl the World Wine Pairing Dinner at Glenora Wine Cellars
- Create a custom scent at NOTE Fragrances