A year-long celebration. A member-only competition.
The Chamber has enjoyed bringing you a new snowflake every month this year (in the Engagers!) in anticipation of the inaugural member-only Snowflake Spectacular Spirit Competition. (Need the snowflakes? Download them.) This is part of Holiday Happenings & Winter Traditions for you our members to enjoy. You might even be able to monetize these works of art by creating a product(s) you can sell to visitors, each other, staff, and customers.
We look forward to seeing how you use the set of snowflakes to share your holiday spirit with community members and visitors. We hope this competition is fun for our members and serves as a reminder to community members to shop locally throughout the holiday season and sends a clear message to prospective travelers looking for a winter get-away that Schuyler County is open for business all year long.
To participate in the Snowflake Spectacular Spirit Competition, review the 12 snowflakes and consider how to share them with friends, family, and visitors. Some ideas ...
- Print them and post in your place of business – try multiples of larger and/or smaller sizes maybe
- Decoupage the designs to holiday ornaments, creating a unique set of 12 ornaments (sell them in sets or individually, emphasizing the seasons (sets) of 3 or birth months).
- Transfer them to quilt squares and make an heirloom that can be shared, raffled or sold
- Enlarge them for outdoor decorations (maybe to use them for Holiday Lights – Schuyler Style Competition and or to sell)
These are just ideas. Please be as creative as you like. We are excited to see how you incorporate these snowflakes into your plans to encourage tourism throughout November, December, January, and February. To participate in the competition, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Complete your project (suggestion: by Sunday, November 15, 2021)
- Photograph your project
- Send a minimum of 1 (maximum of 5) photographs and a brief summary (between 100 and 200 words) of how your project will be shared with friends, family, and visitors by 12:00 noon Friday, November 19, 2021, to Stephanie Specchio at 214 Franklin St, Watkins Glen, NY14891 or Stephanie@watkinsglenchamber.com
Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the Annual Meeting live on Thursday, December 2, 2021, 5-7p.m at Glenora and in social media and print.
- Most Original – Free 2022 (or 2023) WGACC Membership
- Best Business Use - $200 Gift Card
- Most creative - $100 Gift Card
- Most artistic - $ 100 Gift Card
- Honorable Mentions – Free NHC Ad