Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce
2021 Advertising Opportunities
The Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce houses the official Schuyler County Visitor Center, located along the main thoroughfare in downtown Watkins Glen, in the heart of the shopping and business district. We welcome between 20,000 and 30,000 visitors through our doors annually with many more visitors and residents walking and driving past our location. Put your business, organization, or event front and center!
The Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce offers many fantastic opportunities for marketing and sponsorships in 2021. If you or your business is interested in sponsoring an event, learning more about marketing with the Chamber, or simply are looking for ways to get involved with the community, these opportunities are for you.
Interested in learning more about Marketing Opportunities/Sponsorships? Click here!
**The Chamber is open to finetuning or customizing these options to best suit the needs of your business.**
The Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce partners with New York State Parks to operate the Visitor Center at the Watkins Glen State Park. In 2019, it is estimated that the park welcomed hundreds of thousands of visitors. In 2020, the Visitor Center welcomed over 90,000 visitors. The Chamber offers the following advertising opportunities to enable your business to reach these visitors as they come through the Park's Visitor Center doors.
Advertise in our printed newsletter, "The Engager," or in our electronic newsletter, the "NHC" (News, Happenings, and Collaborations)
The Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer opportunities for advertisements in our printed and digital newsletters. Our printed newsletter called "The Engager" is mailed monthly to Chamber members and is an excellent resource for those looking to expand their impact. Our digital newsletter called the "NHC" (News, Happenings, and Collaboration) is emailed weekly and is intended to keep our membership and the community up-to-date.
View current advertising details for The Engager and NHC by clicking here!
Explore Watkins Glen produces the official Schuyler County Travel Guide each year. The Travel Guide features photos, travel tips, and serves as a colorful, informative, and comprehensive guide to the best our region has to offer! Advertising decisions for this annual publication are made in the fall, with deadlines closing in or around November of each year.
Why should you advertise? Here are the facts:
- Last year, our 214 North Franklin Street Visitor Center welcomed nearly 30,000 visitors. Our State Park Visitor Center served approximately 100,000 visitors in its inaugural year; nearly 1,200 of those visitors left with one of our Travel Guides in hand.
- The guide is used as the tourism resource for attractions, lodging, restaurants, recreations, the arts, navigation, and much more!
- 100,000 copies will be printed and distributed in both of the Chamber Visitor Centers, lodging establishments, airports, festivals, attractions, as well as through direct fulfillments, following inquiries from potential visitors. While visitors oftentimes use digital technology to reach a destination in advance of their visit, once they are in our region many visitors find a hardcopy publication to be very useful: it doesn't need cell connectivity to work, nor power, it won't "crash" and it's always on!
- Travel Guide readers are actively looking for places to go and things to do. Advertising in the official Travel Guide is the key to making your business stand out!
- The Travel Guide is also digitized and available on our website at www.explorewatkinsglen.com. The online link is promoted via social to prospective travelers looking for destination information.
- This will be the only printed piece in 2021 at both Visitor Centers with advertising opportunities available.
Completed advertising contracts can be submitted to the Chamber in three different ways:
Email completed contract with payment information to Michael Hardy, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to 214 North Franklin Street, Watkins Glen, NY 14891 with payment information to the attention of Michael Hardy, Executive Director.
Drop off in person with payment information at our Visitor Center location at 214 North Franklin Street, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
Please note that no advertising contracts will be considered secured until payment information is received and processed.
Advertising is available for both members and non-members of the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
For Chamber-specific resources, please click here.
For Visitor-specific resources, please click here.
To search our Membership Directory, please click here.
Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce
214 North Franklin Street, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
607-535-4300 • 800-607-4552