Tourism Assistance Program Funding 2023
The Watkins Glen Area Chamber will accept funding applications that support and encourage tourism promotion in Schuyler County, New York. The source of dollars from which projects will be funded is the County's share of taxes collected from overnight stays within the County (lodging receipts).
The following application is for the 2023 funding period. The application process will open from October 15, 2022, to November 15, 2022.
Submit the completed digital application and supporting materials to TAPApplication@watkinsglenchamber.com no later than 5:00 PM on November 15, 2022. Applications may be mailed or delivered to the Chamber office at 214 N Franklin St., Watkins Glen, NY.
Applicants for funding will be required to file an annual application submitted to the Chamber. Each recipient’s project must meet the eligibility requirements outlined in this application to be considered for funding. Each applicant must also provide matching resources of their own toward their request, demonstrating financial support and completion of the project in its entirety through funding from the Chamber.
The following application is for the 2023 funding period. The application process opens on October 15, 2022, and closes at 5:00 pm on November 15, 2022. Applications received after November 15, 2022, will not be considered for funding.
Submit this completed digital application to TAPapplication@watkinsglenchamber.com. Applications may be mailed or delivered to the Chamber office at 214 N Franklin, Watkins Glen, NY.
Funds are paid on a reimbursement basis. Organizations must first incur the expenses and then request reimbursement from the Chamber. First reimbursement checks will be issued between October 31, 2023 – December 31, 2023.
All TAP applications will be reviewed by the Chamber’s TAP Committee. The nine-person Committee will include the Chamber’s Executive Director and Tourism Marketing Manager, the Chamber’s Board Chair and two Board Directors, the Schuyler County Administrator, the Schuyler County Legislature Chairman, and two Schuyler County Legislators. Applicants may be asked to present an in-person, ten-minute presentation to the committee. A representative of your organization must be available to present in order to receive TAP funding (if requested). Funding applications that are not completed in their entirety will not be considered for funding.
Application Eligibility Requirements
- Eligibility includes non-profit and for-profit organizations
- Copy of New York State certificate of Non-Profit Incorporation and/or Federal 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) letter (if applicable)
- Must demonstrate a direct impact on tourism promotion in Schuyler County, NY
- Must be in Schuyler County, NY, or directly service Schuyler County, NY
- Must not be in competition with the Chamber and its mission
- Must generate increased tourism in Schuyler County
- May indirectly impact tourism infrastructure or critical logistics to the benefit of the industry
Approved Tourism programs should:
- Be new or enhanced events that are non-duplicative, unique, and demonstrate appeal to visitors outside of Schuyler County
- Be new or enhanced marketing activities aimed at stimulating overnight visits to Schuyler County, preferably off-season
- increase overnight stays at local lodging establishments
- generate economic benefit through overnight lodging, sales of meals and goods
- increase recognition of Schuyler County as a tourism destination
- increase opportunities for tourism by developing new visitor activities
- If awarded, organizations are required to submit two reports to the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce based on the project timeline.
- The first report must include a progress report on the activities and marketing plan.
- The final report must include copies of invoices associated with each line item and copies of cleared checks showing proof of advance payment invoices.
- Reports are due 30 days after the end of the activity leading up to the culmination of the project. Funding may be withheld if reports are not submitted by established deadlines.
Each recipient will be notified in writing on or around November 30, 2022, regarding their organization’s TAP funding status.