Request for Proposals: Photography
The Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce serves more than 400 members and continues to grow. Our members include sole proprietors, small businesses, home businesses, corporations, and non-profits. Our members hail from throughout the villages and municipalities of Schuyler County, but also from nearby communities like Corning, Elmira, Hammondsport, Penn Yan, Geneva, Ithaca, Binghamton, Rochester, and all points in between.
As a Chamber, we serve the business needs of our members, many of whom rely on tourism to thrive. The Chamber produces promotional materials to encourage visitation to our region and works with members of the media to prepare editorial and advertising materials that also reinforce Watkins Glen, Schuyler County, and the Finger Lakes as a vacation destination.
B. Objective/Scope of Work
This project will require photographing iconic attractions in and around Watkins Glen/Schuyler County in each of the seasons. Some images will highlight the destination, while others will need to include people enjoying the destination. Some of these people may be models, while others may be visitors/guests/tourists who agree to be photographed. Images will be used in the 2023 Travel Guide, on www.explorewatkinsglen.com, for social media, to meet various other publication needs, and supply media with visual assets to accompany articles/advertisements.
- 32 high resolution digital images (jpg) that showcase the natural assets and tourist destinations delivered on a memory stick/flash drive
- Images must encourage visitation from a diverse audience
- Appropriate adjectives for the images: authentic, natural, fun, relaxed, interesting, diverse, memorable, exciting
- Images should be environmental and look genuine. (Subjects should be “caught in the act” as opposed to staring into the camera. While subjects may be posed, they should not “look” posed.)
- Chamber will own the images and retain copyright
- Chamber and photographer will agree on dates to ensure photographs are captured during the next 4 seasons (spring 2022, summer 2022, fall 2022, winter 2023)
- Chamber will secure locations and prepare schedule for each of the visits in accordance with vendor contract
- Chamber will secure models and release forms from models when necessary
- Photographer will provide images within 2 weeks of each “season’s” photo shoot
E. Proposal Format
- Statement of project understanding.
- Description of vendor, its capabilities, and relevant background/experience to complete the proposed tasks.
- Overall approach and detailed description of methodology including time required at each location.
- Summary of vendor’s team members, including team experience and skill set relevant to the project.
- Proposed use of subcontractors, including their scope of work, experience, and skill set.
- Fee structure and cost proposal. Provide a breakdown of the fee by task or elements of proposed methodology as appropriate.
- Statement of ability to comply with all terms and conditions as set forth in Section H.
- Statement of ability to meet requirements for insurance as requested in Section H.
- Portfolio (may be online) of relevant work.
- Listing of three references, including contact information and significance of the reference based on like project experience.
F. Evaluation Criteria
- Expertise and a proven track record of successful projects with like tasks and components.
- Evidence the vendor and the proposed team has developed a familiarity with the characteristics of Schuyler County and the Finger Lakes.
- Evidence the team has a clear and concise understanding of the project and the expectations of the Chamber.
- Proven ability to expeditiously and accurately complete the tasks and produce the deliverables in the requested format.
- Evidence of capability to fulfill all terms and conditions of a contract for services.
- Ability to meet the timeline agreed to by the Chamber and vendor.
- Competitive fee structure.
- The vendor is or agrees to become a member of the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce when the contract commences.
G. Proposal Submission
- Proposals are to be submitted in digital (pdf) format.
- Submit via email to Stephanie Specchio at email@example.com
- Proposals should be submitted as described above by 4:00pm on May 27, 2022.
H. Terms and Conditions
- The Watkins Glen Chamber of Commerce will own all work and the copyright for the produced work in accordance with the contract.
- The vendor may not share the products or use the products for promotion without written permission of the Chamber.
- The vendor will maintain confidentiality on all aspects of the scope of work and other information about the Chamber and destinations included in this project that might become available as a result of this assignment.
- Any information would be used solely in connection with the work performed for the Chamber.
- The vendor will not subcontract, assign, or in any way transfer to any other person, organization, or entity any of the tasks or services except by prior written authorization from the Chamber.
- The vendor and any proposed subcontractors engaged under the contract for services will provide and maintain certificates of insurance for general and automobile liability insurance as follows:
- General Liability: $1,000,000 minimum per occurrence
- Automobile Liability: $1,000,000 minimum per occurrence
- Errors and Omissions: $1,000,000 minimum per occurrence
- The vendor will agree to indemnify and hold harmless Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce, its board members and employees, and all stakeholders, their officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims, damages, losses, and expenses caused in whole or in part by any negligent act or omission of the vendor, its consultants, subcontractors, anyone directly or indirectly employed by any of them, or anyone for whose acts may be liable, except where caused by the active negligence or willful misconduct by a stakeholder entity.
- The vendor will complete all tasks within the timeline agreed to in the final contractual agreement.
- The Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted and to request additional information of any proposal team.
I. Contact for Further Information
For further information about this RFP, contact Stephanie Specchio at, Director of Marketing and Communications at the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-331-4276.