Cheese-Infused Recipes to Complement your Wine
- Lake Effect Cheddar on Toasted Baguette with Port Cherries (Presented by Three Brothers Wineries & Estates)
- Relish Ham & Smoked Cheddar Canape (Presented by Wagner Vineyards)
- Zesty Rotini Salad with Muranda Red Buddy Cheese (Presented by Toast Winery)
Presented by Three Brothers Wineries & Estates
1 oz. slices of Lively Run Lake Effect Cheddar
Sliced baguette, toasted
Spoonful of Port Cherries
1 lb. dried cherries
2020 Stony Lonesome Ruby Port
4 oz. butter
- In a heavy bottom pot place the cherries and cover with Ruby Port. Bring to a boil and turn heat to medium. Reduce the port to au sec.
- Add butter and stir, allow to cool.
Presented by Wagner Vineyards
2 cups smoked cheddar cheese, finely shred
1 cup cream cheese
16 oz. ham, finely chopped
8 oz. tomato
1/4 cup onion finely chopped
1/4 cup celery finely chopped
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 oz. Wagner Vineyards Seneca Red
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. parsley
1 French Baguette
- In a food processor, combine cheddar and cream cheese. Process until smooth. Allow to sit at room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine ham, onion, celery and parsley. Add tomato, wine, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Mix and allow to marinate.
- Slice baguette. Cover each baguette with cheese spread and top with a dollop of ham relish and serve.
- Serve with your favorite Wagner wine and enjoy!
Presented by Toast Winery
- 1 pound tri-color rotini pasta
- 2 cups Italian Dressing
- 8 ounces Muranda Cheese Company Red Buddy
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta as per the package instructions. Drain the pasta into a colander and then dump it back into the pot. Add 1 cup of the Italian dressing and stir until the pasta absorbs the dressing. Cover the pot with a lid and cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large bowl add the pasta, cheese, tomatoes, green & red bell peppers, basil, oregano and the remaining 1 cup of Italian dressing and toss gently, then refrigerate at least one hour.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Serve.
Located at the southern tip of Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen became internationally known as the host to the first post-World War II road race. Located at the southern tip of Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen became internationally known as the host to the first post-World War II road race. Located at the southern tip of Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen became...Read More